Isn't that great?
If you are a family looking for a well-deserved vacation – and you have some money to pay for it – the offers have recently been unbelievable.
From airlines to cruise lines, hotels and theme parks – everyone seems to be offering. And until the number of tourists increases significantly, it seems that the offers are still for some time.
Cruise lines regularly offer 50% or more of their planned prices. Some airlines offer their seats for free as long as you pay taxes and fees, so they apparently hope to earn some money by selling you things during the flight! Many hotels offer "buy two nights, get one night for free" offer, which can be very attractive for family travel.
One remark – if the tour operator offers such a cheap offer, will it still work when I come on the trip I paid for today?
This is an important question, especially when, for example, record numbers of airlines have lost their popularity around the world in the last 12 months. And in this case there is a well-known business compromise – you have to measure the risk (of the airline or hotel falling) against the return (the cheapest offers we've seen in a long time).
If you want to take a chance, here are some of the steps you can take to reduce the risk of being thrown out of your pocket:
- Buy travel insurance as soon as you pay for your vacation. There is no point trying to buy it after the tour operator falls!
- check the origin of the company you are transferring money to. Are they financially stable? If they are listed, check online to see how analysts assess them.
- Don't book too far. If you pay now for a year's travel, it is an awfully long time that the operator can fasten under the financial burden.
- pay by credit card. If something goes wrong, you can use the card operator's help.
- pay as little in advance as possible. For example, you can take advantage of these cheap airfares for 6 months, but leave them until it is much closer to travel time to book and pay for hotels, etc.
- take a look around – amazing last minute offers are coming.
By following these simple rules you can save money and stress, so you don't come home from a family vacation, feeling you need a vacation!